Need to reach a teacher or an Administrator?
Looking for a staff list?
Have a general question or specific questions?
Check out our communications platform!
FRONT OFFICE HOURS
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Monday - Friday
Building A – Mid/High (Grades 6-12)
Building B – Elementary (Grades K-5)
Full In-Person Return Begins Monday, April 5
In-Person/Online Survey responses have been collected - thank you to all families who responded in a timely manner! If we did not receive your student’s information, our front offices will be reaching out.
YOUR STUDENT IS EITHER IN-PERSON OR ONLINE-ONLY.
Students CANNOT switch back and forth during the week! Students who choose to return to in-person learning are expected on campus 5 days a week following the normal bell schedule until the end of the school year. Students will be marked absent if not on campus. Online students are expected to login via class Zoom links as instructed by teachers. Online students will be marked absent if Zoom classes are missed and online platform work is incomplete.
**If there is a medical condition requiring your student to be off-campus for more than one day, please email your Assistant Principal to request online class Zoom access. Teachers will not allow students to log into Zoom without this prior approval.**
Uniforms & Face Masks:
- All students will have their temperature checked before entering a building.
- Please reference the NMPED Decision Tree and keep your child home if they are ill.
- Remember to maintain a social distance of 3 to 6-feet at all times.
Traffic Plan (CLICK HERE):
- School uniforms are required for the in-person program. Red polo shirt (grades K-8) with khaki, navy blue, or black uniform pants or shorts. Grades 9-12 require a blue polo shirt with the same uniform pants or shorts. No jeans, skirts, or leggings!
- Elementary patches are available to purchase in the Elementary front office. Middle & High School patches are available to purchase in the Mid/High front office. There will be a polite 1-week grace-period for uniforms with no patches. Please plan for a full student uniform by Monday, April 12!
- PROPERLY-FITTING FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS. Face masks must be appropriate for school (no graphic images, inappropriate language, etc.) If you need the school to provide your student with face masks, please see the front office. We are happy to help!
Dismissal Times & Bell Schedule:
- Please note there are 3 entry lanes and 1 exit lane, with 2 lanes in each.
- You can drop off students on the right side of any entry lane and then pull away on the left side of the lane. We have staff available to help your students cross the street. Students will be let into the buildings starting at 7:35 am. Click here for the updated Bell Schedule.
- Remember to drive slowly, turn down music, and stay off your phone. We are all getting used to our new and improved traffic lanes!
- Monday/Tuesday & Thursday/Friday dismissal: Grades K-2 release at 2:30 pm, Grades 3-5 at 2:40 pm, Grades 6-12 at 3:10pm.
- Wednesday dismissal: Grades K-2 release at 11:45am, Grades 3-5 release at 11:55am, Grades 6-12 at 12:10pm.
- Each grade level has a designated pick-up spot. (See Traffic Plan)
- Older siblings will be released with their youngest sibling. Older siblings will need to go to the youngest siblings’ designated area. For example, a 6th-grade student with a 2nd-grade sibling will be released at 2:30pm and picked up in the 2nd-grade pick-up spot with their younger sibling.
- There is no parent parking allowed on campus during drop-off and dismissal times. Our staggered dismissal times are designed to help traffic flow smoother and more efficiently.
- Visitor parking in the first lane is for visitors during the school day only.
All classrooms will have Chromebooks! Please do not bring your school-issued laptop or personal device to campus. We will announce further plans for Chromebook return near the end of the school year.
The school will have breakfast & lunch meal services. You can direct all questions about meal services to our Health Assistants, Ms. Beyal for Elementary and Ms. Rosetta for Mid/High.
Any needed supply lists will be sent out by homeroom teachers.
Please contact the YMCA to register your student for the Y Club After School Program at ASE. www.ymcacnm.org or call (505) 595-1515
ASE’s Covid-19 School Policies/Procedures Guidebook
This is an exciting and hopeful time for all of us! Your student may be nervous about returning to school or entering school for the first time. Please openly communicate with your child the importance of good hygiene habits, mask-wearing, and social distancing. This will help calm their fears and help reinforce what we will be practicing at school!
We thank you for your support and cooperation during our transition to full in-person learning. Continue to watch for email communications from teachers, check the school website for announcements/updates, and don’t forget to follow us on social media to see the latest things happening in our school!